Sunday, April 1, 2012

Checking back in to say I did a fabric audition

for the Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal/Color Palette challenge for April --- my, those moldy greens were hard to match and I'm not sure I really got there  (because, while I have TONS of blue fabric, none of them were quite there on the very light and very dark values...) but...
 
Here are the fabrics I picked form my stash:


In order to keep at least one fabric in common with my previous (March) block, I kept the medium brown and instead of going in a pinky-orange direction, I went in a browny-orange direction instead. And the moldy greens became teal/sea blues instead.

And here is the basic block --- requiring only seam treatment embroidery and beads to be done!

The block grid I used was Number 47 from the "I dropped the Button Box" crazy quilt Sharon B is doing over on Pin Tangle.

Now to start stitching!

1 comment: