Friday, April 20, 2012

Take A Stitch Tuesday 2012 Challenge - Week 16

French knots! What does one do with French Knots? Well, for me, it's always been flower centers, the odd scattered "dot" and maybe eyes on some critters. So... here's the April "page" so far and what I did was connect a little French knot "sketch to the stem stitch sketch I did last week:

A row of knots, just to show I could! A little paisley in stem stitch with a detached chain flower in the middle and a rim of knots around the outside and in the flower center. A continuation of one of the stem stitch curves from last week, extended behind the paisley and tipped with three groupings of knits sort of flower heads.

I was late posting today --- phone bank at NPR this AM meant I had to be up at 5:30 AM (AAACK) and that meant, when our shift was over, it was back to bead for me! Just catching up, and since today is the beginning of International Hermit and Stitch Weekend for April, I really need to get stitching! It won't help that I also agreed to participate in a book "club" on line about Anna Quindlan's latest (and got a review copy for my offer) so I need to really sit down and read it!

Oh, and Kimono is languishing, partly because I reached a "What color next" point and partly because I now have a Stash Busting Club, a Color Through the Ages lesson and a Mittens & Mini-socks lesson awaiting me, to say nothing of the Glendon Place  piece I want to try to get ready for the fair in August! All these commitments are finally catching up with me... and Kimono pays!

No comments:

Post a Comment